What is Tres Dias?
Read our online brochure to see answers to common questions about Tres Dias weekends. Click here or on the image to the right.
Sponsoring a friend to Tres Dias is one of the greatest gifts you can give those you love. Sponsorship is vital to Tres Dias and is a Blessed Responsibility.
Anyone who has attended Tres Dias or a fourth day movement, e.g., Walk to Emmaus or Cursillo, can sponsor candidates. However, sponsorship is a serious responsibility and should not be taken lightly.
- Pray. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal who He wants you to invite to Tres Dias.
- Look for Christians who desire a closer relationship with Christ.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- If the candidates are married, both spouses must agree to attend the weekend. The husband must attend the weekend prior to the wife.
- Tell them the cost of the weekend is $125 per person, which is payable by cash, money order, or check when they arrive at Sendoff. *Note: This cost will increase to $150 starting with the June 2022 weekends.
- Share the dates for upcoming weekends with them.
- Answer their questions openly and honestly. There is nothing to hide.
- Encourage them to submit an application even if they can’t attend the next weekend. Candidates are able to select a 1 st and 2 nd choice from the next four sets of weekends and will be placed on the first available weekend based on their selection.
- The Pre-Weekend Couple will contact you to confirm the weekend your candidate has been placed on once their application is received. Be sure to return their calls or text messages immediately.
- Make sure your candidate speaks with the Pre-Weekend Couple when they call to confirm their seat on the weekend.
- Carefully read and follow all instructions in the sponsorship letter you receive from the Pre-Weekend Couple.
- Transport your candidates to and from the campground.
- Support your candidate’s family as needed while the candidate is on the weekend.
- Take your candidate to the Victory Secuela to connect them with the community. The secuela is usually one to two weeks after the women’s weekend.
- After the weekend, assist your candidate in finding or forming a reunion group to continue the principles they learned on the weekend.
Submitting the Application
- Complete the online application with your candidate(s) via the links below.
- If the application is the Online Application, both candidate and sponsor complete the application while together or on the phone so all information can be entered. Either sponsor or candidate may complete the application, however it is suggested that the candidate complete their information and enter the sponsors information during the process.
- If the candidates are married, they must indicate that both agree to attend companion Tres Dias weekends.
If you have questions, or need more information, click here to contact Pre-Weekend folks.